The Ultimaker 2 3D printer is the new face in the world of 3D printing. Built from high quality premium parts and materials, the Ultimaker 2 3D printer is an easy and dependable option in the genre. It has a great solid design and a stylish look that very well complements every type of interior. The Ultimaker 2 3D printer offers high printing speed with unmatched accuracy.
This 3D printer has small footprint but large build volume, which makes it a leading player in the industry for print-to-size ratio. Low cost material has been used for printing and the manufacturers have an open filament system set in the printer. This facility of the printer allows you to choose and change between the filament types, other than buying filaments from Ultimaker.
The print plate of the Ultimaker 2 3D printer is removable, which means you can easily clean the plate after a big print job is done. It has a heated bed that facilitates the finished prints to be easily removed.
As iYogi reviewed the Ultimaker 2 3D printer the following specifications came to the forefront:
· Build volume: 23 x 22.5 x 20.5 cm
· Up to 20 micron of layer resolution
· Position precision X Y Z: 12.5 / 12.5 / 5 micron
· Print speed of 30 mm/s - 300 mm/s
· Travel speed of 30 mm/s - 350 mm/s
· Recommended filament diameter to be used is 2.85 mm
· Nozzle diameter is of 0.4 mm
· Stand-alone SD-card printing
· Wi-Fi printing (future upgradeable)
· Software used – Cura (official Ultimaker software)
· Frame dimension X Y Z: 49.2 / 34.2 / 55.8 cm (with filament)
· AC input: 100 - 240 V / ~4 AMPS / 50 - 60 HZ / 221 watt max.
· Operation nozzle temperature is of 180° - 260° C
· Operation heated bed temperature is of 50° - 100° C
· Ambient operation temperature: 15° - 32° C
· Power requirements: 24 V DC @ 9.2 AMPS
· Print technology used - Fused filament fabrication (FFF)
Since the Ultimaker 2 3D printer can print from SD Card only, a pre-loaded 4GB SD Card is available with sample 3D models. The dial button present in the LCD helps you to control the function of the Ultimaker 2 3D printer easily. So, are you ready to bring this device home and enjoy 3D printing like never before?